Angela Ricci Professional Timeline
1966 - 1988
- March 30th, 1966
- Born in São Paulo, Brazil
- Loves to dance (mom says she has rythm!), to write and to draw all over the house
- Dreams of being movie director
- Wins useless ticket for a night club in a dance contest (twelve years old children were not allowed)
- Enters FAAP
to follow Industrial Design/Visual Communications courses
- Begin of 1987
- Joins a Publicity Agency as Intern
- While scratching Letraset transfers, she hears about something called Macintosh that would
transfer typos for her some day
- End of 1987
- Amazes herself reading "Art & Visual Perception", by Rudolph Arnheim
- Gets her Bachelor Degree in Visual Communications... and begins to wonder...
- Works as free-lancer in visual communication.
1989 - mid 1997
Brazil & a bit of USA
- Starts working for Publishing Solution do Brasil,
the Brazilian representative of the former Interleaf, Inc. from Waltham, Massachussets
- First steps in front of a PC, learning desktop publishing.
- Dives into desktop publishing and structured programming design.
- Begins Lisp programming and is introduced to SQL.
- 1990 - 1994
- Technical Manager
- Conception of the training material and method for Interleaf products.
- Pre and after sales technical support for Interleaf products.
- In 1990 she follows Master level studies at the Economics & Administration
School of the University of São Paulo in R&D Marketing and Business Negotiation.
- Plays with SGML.
- Dives into technical documentation standards as IATA, NDA, ISO.
- Growing love for programming and databases
- Exchanges her water colors and air-brush for oil painting
- 1994 - mid 1997
- Web Designer & Frontend developer
- Web site design & conception.
- Totally dives into the web, learning the basis of Internet, HTML and Perl.
- Works for the first site of the biggest bank in Brazil,
the Banco Bradesco.
She adapts the client's visual identity to the web and develops the HTML
pages, including CGI/Perl development
End 1997 - 2013
- November 1997
- Moves to Lille, France
- Free-lance web designer/frontend developer
- CGI/Perl development, web site optimisation, web mastering, web design.
- Web Designer at Atos Worldline
- Expected to be already rich (expectations postponed to 2030).
- "Designing with Web Standards", by Jeffrey Zeldman. Just that.
- Introduces to her team CSS Design and starts an in-house promotion of web standards.
- She becomes expert in accessibility audit.
- Discovers jQuery and begins to love it.
- She's mesmerized by the Dao of Web Design, John Allsopp's masterpiece
- Dicovers the joy of designing on the browser and makes it part of a whole new web design process.
- Along with her team, she launches Kawwa, a portal giving access to a library of HTML markup patterns.
- Begins to play with Responsive Web Design and promotes it in every web project.
- Kawwa goes open source.
- Advocates for a new in-house web design process.
- She has the honour of being invited to join a group of 10 web developers and designers to
take part in the Line-mode Browser Dev days at CERN, Switzerland.
- She goes 103m down to meet the Large Hadron Collider, where the Higgs Boson was discovered.